Thursday, January 24, 2013

My oh my...34 Weeks


Okay, so now I understand why people have been hounding me about the blog…it’s been 10 weeks! I guess that should show you right there just how busy our little life has been.

At the moment, it is 5:01 in the morning on a Thursday, I’ve been up for just about 2 hours now. I’ve done a little bit of work, then I realized…HELLO?! Update your blog! So here I am, forgive me if I seem a little scatter-brained…it’s been the story of my life lately!

I’ll start with just a little run down about what is going on, then follow with some pregger pictures over the last 2 months or so.

Last you read, our house was being built and not much had been done. Well now? Believe it or not, we close next Thursday and are moving in Friday, followed by an “Unpacking Party” with none other than my amazing in-laws and some of their friends. Yep…we are completely blessed; there will be about 11 people at the house (plus me sitting on a chair) helping us get ready for little William to arrive. And let me tell you, Honey is just simply a magic worker: the builder said we could close mid-Feb, Honey followed up with them and basically said, “Oh no, you don’t understand. My wife is very pregnant now and freaking out about our baby coming early, we HAVE to bump it up.” So yep, they did, by a whole 2 weeks! So here we go!

What else? Oh! Only the fact that Honey and I realized it was a little stressing about moving to the Woodlands area, then delivering in the heart of the medical district in Houston. We realize that your first baby doesn’t come at the snap of your fingers, but the fact that we were 40 miles from the hospital, did not seem conducive to a stress free labor. We want to stay home and labor for as long as possible, so we decided to switch doctors and the hospital! Yep, in the middle of my third trimester. I’m SO glad we did it though, I love my new doctor, and love the hospital (Memorial Hermann – Woodlands).

William…how I already love him so much. He can be a bit frustrating when he’s pushing on my ribs and waking me up multiple times through the night when he decides to get a work out in; but I feel bad for him…he’s SO squished! He’s just busy growing in me, how can I be frustrated with him? I don’t know, I guess I’m just that uncomfortable, by the book, pregnant in your third trimester kind of gal.

A little about our little William:
-   --    He gets the hiccups all the time! It is the cutest thing
-     --  He’s a bit like his daddy, likes to do things his way. When he decides to push my ribs to near breaking point, I decide to gently push his little self back; but what does he do? He kicks me and places his leg (or whatever it is) right back where it was!
-      -- He’s running out of space
-     --  He’s big like his daddy. The most common conversations from strangers these days:
o    “Oh! (followed by a mix of, you’re about to pop OR are you going to have the baby right now OR he’s about to come out OR anything of the like)”
o    Then, I let them know, I still have X amount of weeks.
o    What comes next? “Oh! You’re having twins?!”
o    Me: “Nope, he’s just big like his daddy”
§  If Honey is with me, they look at him, start laughing, and say “Yeah, I guess so.”
-    --   He might be a rule follower like his mommy. At this point, I’m pretty sure he’s head down, and at some point yesterday, I think he flipped to face down position.
-     --  He lets me know when I’ve pushed it too much. He starts pushing on me and lets me to chill out!

Cool things happening: (According to research) he’s gaining about half a pound every week

Mood: That’s a loaded question: tired, excited, stressed, anxious, tired (worth adding in there twice)

Comfort level: Another loaded one: big and extrememly uncomfortable

Appetite/Cravings: As William grows, my stomach has less room, so I find myself hungry all the time. Still into my sweets, and just this week…soda! The oddest thing, but there has been nothing like soda hitting my mouth

This week: I’ve been having contractions…only Braxton Hicks, but still a bit unsettling. One day I had to go home early from work to lay down. Just last night Honey and I were in Walgreens, and they hit again. NOW is the time when I need to take it as easy as possible, but yeah, we are MOVING next week! We still need to pack and move, but it’ll be fine. We’re getting movers and Honey has just been so great through it all, he’ll make sure he does as much as he can so I don’t over work myself.

Now for some pics:



Baby Shower: 26.5 weeks

Sister-in-Law winning the game: Guess my belly size!

Honey and me at 27 weeks


See the resemblance? At 29.5 weeks

After Honey finished the half marathon at 32.5 weeks


Don't judge; this was at 4:45 AM!
Today at 34 weeks

Just showing you another view 










1 comment:

  1. yay!! She finally wrote a post!! You still look absolutely amazing! I can only hope I look just half as good as you when I'm preggers.

    ReplyDelete