Sunday, November 25, 2012

And Our Little Man Has A Name…

Honey and I went back and forth for the past month and a half to find a name for this little guy. We narrowed the list down, grew it back up, and narrowed it back down (only about a hundred times). We wanted meaning behind the name, so after toying around with a bunch of names, we finally decided to go back to square one. It was Thanksgiving morning and we drove up to the house to check it out as we’d have to miss it this weekend…it all just felt so right. The whole way home, we tried out his name in several different tones to see if it was it. And oh man…if you could’ve seen that smile on my Honey’s face when we decided, I knew there was no turning back.

William Lee…P-E-R-F-E-C-T

William after his Daddy and Lee after Pops’ (Dad S) middle name. There just aren’t two better people in this world to name him after. Better yet, William is a family name on both sides of the family. My wonderful Papa and Honey’s PawPaw (is a form of William). And funny enough, we’re actually calling him William (Breaking Daddy’s side and calling him what his first name really is!)

BTW…our house is completely framed with the roof on; moving along quickly.

It's already looking beautiful

Most of the back of the house...that's William's Nursery on the far left
Then the Breakfast room, living room, and then the master (far right of the patio)
There are also 2 bedrooms and the game room upstairs.

More great news…we found out some of our best friends are pregnant too!! We are SO excited! She is exactly 15 weeks behind me; and since she hasn’t hit the “12 week mark” yet – she hasn’t exactly announced it yet, so I won’t say any more until it’s public news.


25 Weeks

Fruit Comparison: An Eggplant

  

Almost 2 pounds and just over a foot long

Cool Things Happening: Our little man’s eyelids are opening and his nostrils are opening up
Mood: GREAT! I am getting more and more excited and less and less nervous.
Comfort Level: Yep…15 weeks to go and I am starting to feel very pregnant. My back is hurting all the time (but I’m starting physical therapy next week so hopefully that will help); it’s getting harder to breathe, my heart races…I don’t know how fat people can let themselves stay this way! If I feel like this, they must feel something similar; I just don’t get it. If I felt this way all the time, I would make some changes to be easier on my body.
Appetite/Cravings: SWEEEEETS
This Week… Honey and I named our little guy! We can’t (but yet can) wait to meet our little William.



Pre-Natal Visit #6 Stats (24 weeks pregnant)
Weight Gain – 17 lbs to date. I was a little worried about the rapid weight gain over the last 4 weeks, but Dr. D says it’s very much expected as I didn’t start gaining weight earlier. But the thing that worries me is this only leaves 10 – 13 more pounds to gain in the next 15 weeks…eek!
Honey Bee’s Size – 27 weeks! It looks like he’s hit a growth spurt again. I guess he’s going to be big just like his Daddy.
Honey Bee’s Heart Rate – 141
Next Appointment…Glucose screening at 28 weeks. I’ll be at the Women’s Pavilion for 2 hours while I get my blood taken a few times, and drink some yummy drink. This will test to see if I have gestational diabetes.

William's Teeny Feet


No comments:

Post a Comment