Wednesday, June 19, 2013

39 Weeks...and in labor!

It's now June 18th, and I started this draft on February 26th; and those of you close to me know exactly what that day is to our little family of 3...I'm picking up right where I left off:

We...are...here! As I write that, it hit me that I mean that in a lot more ways than where I was first going.

- We are here...we're in our home!
We moved in to our lovely house on Feb 1st, had my wonderful in-laws and their friends over on the 2nd to help unpack; LolliPops had our bedroom, bathroom, and William's room painted for us, (thank you guys for doing SO much for us!!) the wood floors are in and Honey and I have been working our butts off to get the house ready for our little William to arrive! We kept telling him "One more week buddy, just one more week".
- We are here...work is just fine with me leaving.
I finally got my work in order for it to be ready for me to leave, again, poor little guy, I just kept saying "One more week".
- And biggest of all...We are HERE! We are in labor, and will be meeting our little guy soon enough.

I woke up at 4:30 on Monday morning with "the show", then contractions slowly started around 7:30/8:00 am. I ran a few last minute errands, handed over all of my work stuff that I was in the middle of, then took it easy. The contractions were a steady 20 minutes apart and not painful (just uncomfortable). Then Honey got home.

 

39 Weeks


William,
It has been such a long journey that your daddy and I have been through since the moment we found out we were being blessed with you in our lives. 10 Months ago, we were in a tiny house and had just about the worst year that we could imagine. Then we saw your little bean sized figure on that screen, and we knew at that point that our lives were on the up and up. Now look at us, we keep getting blessing after blessing, with a fairly easy pregnancy, gladly I still have most of my body in my "normal state", Daddy's new job, this amazing, beautiful, dream come true home, and you arriving in a day. Thank you...thank you Father for giving us our little William, and thank you William for coming into our lives. I haven't even met you yet, but I seriously love you to the moon and back and can't wait to see what you look like, who's smile you have, who's eyes (who's teeth!), and what mannerisms you pick up from who. Our journey is just beginning, and Daddy and I are SO excited for the future with you.
  ______________________________________________

And now we pick back up, 4 months later...

At this point, Honey came home, and decided to take me to lunch. I wanted pasta, after all  that's what marathon runners eat the day before, and let's face it...labor is MORE than a marathon. We went to Buca de Beppo and it hit me fast and hard. With every contraction came tears, then 5 minutes, then tears. We decided to head on home; this is where the real fun began.

Eating lunch...7 hours before William arrives

Honey left the credit card at the restaurant, so he went back up there to get it. 5 minutes after he left, I was in the worst pain I had ever felt in my life, by the time he got back (maybe 15 minutes) my water had broke and I was yelling at him to take me to the hospital. He packs up the truck and we were on our way. he 10 minute drive to the hospital felt like it took an hour and I thought I was going to have William in the car. I run to check into the hospital, hop in a room to get checked (I was only 3-4 cm at this point), the shoved me in another room, and the epidural was on it's way. An hour and a half later, I was at 5 cm and FINALLY got the epidural...Thank you Lord for putting those on earth! Next thing I know, I am not in pain and Honey and his parents are in the room, helping me keep my mind off of what was about to go down.

Before...

 
After!
 
Anxiously waiting


Yep! Those are my contractions
Not long after that (can you tell how fast everything happened?), I was fully dilated and effaced...push time baby! Honey and the nurse were the only ones who were cheering me on as I pushed for an hour and a half, then Honey could see little William's head (tmi, I know)...then all hell broke loose.

 
So, the worst sound you could ever hear is your baby's heart beat stop while you are trying to give life to the guy; but that's what we got. Not just skipping a beat, full on, stopped for minutes, over and over. We are both freaking out at this point. The nurse calls all kinds of people in, looks concerned (which obv doesn't help us), and finally gets me on my hands and knees where his heart is happiest and beating. Next thing I hear "Everything is just fine. We're taking you to an emergency c-section". My thoughts? "What?!?!? Everything is NOT fine then. I can't have a c-section, that wasn't in my birth plan, it's not what's supposed to happen, blah blah blah". Then it hits me, my baby is in trouble and if we don't get him out now, he could be hurt. I'm whisked into the surgery room and strapped down. I remember seeing Honey pacing in the hallway then running in when I am ready to be sliced open. And NOW I understand why they strap you down. It was the WORST WORST pain I EVER felt in my life. No, I didn't feel the incision, but what I felt was everything else (and I'm not talking about "pressure", I'm talking about the real deal) and I was screaming in pain while Honey was screaming at the anesthesiologist to give me more meds. 

Then out comes my baby, I'm listening and listening, "Where's his cry? Is he okay, I dont hear him?!" Then "Whhhhaaaaaaaaa"; Ah, my baby, he's okay and he's here! I give him a quick kiss and they whisk him away to the NICU. Next? I'm not too sure.

William Lee
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM
7 lbs 6 oz and 20.5 in
 
Hey Mom! That's what you look like?!
 
I vauigly remember Honey coming to me and telling me that they are keeping William for 6-8 hours. The cord had been wrapped around his neck and with every contraction, his heart would stop until it was over. But, God is great; 20 minutes later, my baby was wheeled to my room in PERFECT condition. He was laid on my chest for some skin to skin (SO important to help learn how to breastfeed, so I read), and he knew exactly what to do. That little guy has always been a great eater!
 

My little monkey

Proud Momma and Dad


Lolly is so happy and relieved that we are all okay!

Pops and William...they both look so happy and in love already!
 

Grandma and my baby...sweet love


At last, I have my baby in my arms. I had no idea just how amazing this feeling would be.
We all know that I am not a great blogger. But as I read my SIL's blog, I can't help but think that I need to keep up with mine so that others can watch William grow too, because it's all happening too fast. He'll be 4 months old next Wednesday...time to get my life back in order (or at least try).

No comments:

Post a Comment