Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sharing the News


So, I know that you are technically supposed to wait until you are done with your first trimester…but that ain’t happening! This is too great of news and we have God on our side (plus the doctor said it was okay); so we’ve started sharing!

Now, I don’t want anyone getting their feelings hurt, so I am not going to tell you who we told in any sort of order, but here’s how it all went down (in a nutshell)

Family:
Honey’s immediate family clearly new as soon as possible…see previous post for the story.

My mom – couldn’t be happier for us. Mom finally gets a grandbaby she can hug, kiss, love on, and visit anytime she wants! And my Dad – was on vacation and to tell you the truth, don’t know if I’ve ever heard him so excited before!

Of course our grandparents - #13 on the Klotz side, #5 on the Struzick side, #6 on the Collins side, and #10 on the Meuth side.

Friends:
You know, it’s kind of weird seeing the reaction from your friends when you tell them you’re going to be parents…when none of your friends are parents yet! At first, we see a reaction of shock and surprise. Let’s face it, we’ve been friends with these people since we were teenagers, and for the past year, the topic of kids came up frequently…but to know that we are actually moving to this stage in our lives is one to wrap your head around. So needless to say, when we announced this wonderful news to our friends, we saw shock, then huge smiles came over their faces, hugs, high fives, and the infamous discussion of “Who is next?”

Work:
I told my boss, then my teammate. My boss was thrilled and Megs screamed in excitement! (You could say that we are a bit of a family…we do all sit staring at each other all day, every day!) And since we have glass walls for in the conference rooms, everyone else saw, and couldn’t help but figure it out. Then of course, I personally told those that I am close and personal with.

Honey slowly told his peeps, and everyone was just as excited and couldn’t stop telling him how cool of a daddy he’s going to be. (I have to say I definitely agree!)

One thing Honey and I have noticed…it is hard work announcing you’re pregnant! I’m hoping it will get easier with each one, but we are happy to have finally told everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment