Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's Official...Our Life has now Changed


June 29th, 2012 – mine and Honey’s 10 year dating anniversary…and a huge day in our marriage. This morning we woke up and found out that Marriedhood would be turning into Parenthood in about 9 months! Our reaction…a huge slew of mixed emotions; but at the end of it: ecstatic and scared.

We obviously called the doctor that day, but she couldn’t see us until I was 8 weeks, this meant waiting another 4 weeks to find out that everything’s okay. So the waiting game began. The next week was the 4th of July, so naturally, we head on over to Honey’s parents. D & L, and little 6-month old M (Honey’s brother, sister-in-law, and niece) decide to join us as well. L just knew something was up…I guess you can say it’s a new mother’s instinct. We wanted to tell Mom & Dad in a fun way, but trying to get Mom’s attention off of little Miss M was a difficult task.

When L was pregnant, Mom had a little count down trinket “X weeks until I’m a Grandma”. I sniffed through her cabinets and found it! At the right time, we set it to 35 weeks and placed it on the counter… Honey and I were on our toes the whole time, nervous as ever, just waiting for her to see it; only an hour later, Mom never saw it! We were all in the living room, with Mom on the floor feeding M, when Honey and I walked into the living room, holding the count down on my belly. Everyone screamed, all of us girls were crying, and there was Mom, stuck on the floor feeding M in tears because she couldn’t get up to celebrate!



Over the next three weeks, we only told 3 friends (to be exact, I told 1 and Mr. Honey told 2!). It was killing us to keep quiet. It’s such great news, but we couldn't share it! Then finally, week 7 ½ came, and we went to see Dr. D. The baby measured correctly, and the heart beat was perfect. She told us chances of losing it go down to 5%, so we were free to tell whoever we wanted to.

Pre-Natal Visit #1 Stats
7.5 weeks along
Pregnancy – Confirmed!
First Ultrasound – didn’t look like much, but there’s a baby baking inside of me!
Weight Gain – 0
Honey Bee’s Size – 7.5 weeks
Honey Bee’s Heart Rate – 155 – 158 (I’ll remember the exact rate next time)

So it is now official, Honey and I are going to be parents and we get to bring Mom and Dad their 2nd grandchild, and my mom and the Collins' side of the family their 6th grandchild!



No comments:

Post a Comment