Tuesday, October 16, 2012

18 & 19 Weeks...Time is Flying By


19 Weeks

What are you little one?!?!


Fruit Comparison: Mango













Half a pound and 6 inches!

Cool Things Happening: This little honey bee is moving all over the place! I can feel your every move and sometimes…you like to make Mommy very uncomfortable! And, your movements aren’t just spastic movements anymore. Apparently your brain is working so well now that you can cover your ears if something is too loud and can purposely move every little body part.
Mood: A basket case. EXCITED to find out what you are, but a complete basket case.
Comfort Level: Uh oh…I think it’s coming…my back is killing me and my hips are really starting to hurt
Appetite/Cravings: Can I just say that I LOVE food? And Mr. Honey LOVES to watch me love my food.
This Week… Honey and I get to find out if we are playing baseball or softball this week!!

So, I have to confess something. I totally had a “first time mom” scare. The Friday during my 18th week, my “insides” were cramping up on me all day; they would come and stay for a while, then come and go. I called the doctor and she told me to rest, that it’s probably nothing to worry about. Then after hours of the same thing going on, I called back. Their response “It’s not normal for someone at 18 weeks to be having these kinds of contractions for this extended amount of time, we’ll need you to come into the Assessment Center at the hospital” WHAT?! So yeah…I completely started freaking, I let Honey know, and he’s baffled. The last we spoke, everything was “okay”, the next thing he knows, I’m calling him to ask him to take me to the hospital. So we make our way down there, and I go into a hospital room! What?! I thought I was just getting checked out, and they are now asking me to change into a hospital gown and lay in the bed?! The checked me out, and an hour later, they said “You’re fine; just rest up tonight.” WONDERFUL news, at the same time, I feel like a complete idiot. They were glad that I called them and came in, in case it was something worse, but to know that it was just normal contraction-like “things” happening inside, and there was no need for me to go to the hospital, made me feel a little silly. BUT – everything is great, and I am so happy and grateful for that.

18 Weeks

Fruit Comparison: Sweet potato












Cool Things Happening: I can feel you :)

Mood: A little edgy :/
Comfort Level: I’m still doing pretty good; my back’s hurting a bit, but nothing too bad.
Appetite/Cravings: SWEETS!!! ALL-THE-TIME
This Week…2 HUGE things happened.
1   1. I totally feel in love with you little HoneyBee; I don’t know what it was or how it happened, but this was the first week that I absolutely fell in love with you. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve loved you from the start, but this week I am finally getting to know you and already love you SO incredibly much.
   2. I can feel you! Yep…not just your little kicks and punches, but I feel you rolling and tumbling around in me. And let me tell you, it is SO WEIRD! I have no idea what I thought it would feel like with you moving around, but I wasn’t expecting this. I just can’t wait until Daddy can feel you. He’s so excited watching me when I squirm over you squirming; I can only imagine what he’s going to be like when he feels you!


So, I am totally starting to freak now. We haven’t done anything for the baby (besides by a house!) because we have been waiting to find out what we are having. But, it didn’t dawn on me to start RESEACHING! Researching what the best car seats, bottles, pumps, strollers, and much less DAY CARES! Now, I know that I should be able to easily find out what the best products are, but day cares?! Where do you even start? And I can’t believe I should already have my baby on a waiting list! I don’t even know what you are little HoneyBee and I already have to start thinking and planning on day cares (or school I would rather)…I never ever wanted to put my babies in school before kindergarten before. The good thing is, I now firmly believe that a school is a great thing to introduce your child to, even at such a young age. They learn to put themselves to sleep, to interact with others, get past the separation anxiety phase (which I might add I had ALL throughout elementary! Ask my mom, she can definitely attest to that!), and a host of other positives. But it’s still the fact that I will have to leave this little bundle of joy.

My sister-in-law told me that I am not allowed to freak yet, and that she will tell me when I can freak…but I am FREAKING! (Mainly about finding the right school and the expense of it).

No comments:

Post a Comment