Tuesday, September 18, 2012

16 Weeks


It’s been a while since I last posted; life is happening all at once for our little family. Over the past month, we have been looking at where we want to raise our family and finding a home. We've finally started signing our lives away to a home in the Woodlands! The house won’t be ready for another 5 months, but we will be there a month before Honeybee comes…talk about chaos.

Other than that, my pregnancy has been a lot better. After 11.5 weeks, my baby has been treating me much better…as far as the pregnancy sickness is concerned. Although, I’m still confused on where people say pregnancy is a BEAUTIFUL thing?! I mean yeah, pregnancy is amazing, a blessing, and a life changing thing…but I am not on the beautiful side! My skin has broken out (to the point where people could mistake me for a teenager), and is completely dry, I belch all the time, and I look tired/sick most of the time. The good thing, Honey tells me not to worry about that stuff because I am beautiful pregnant…but it’s still hard to deal with.

Now, to get back on track…

16 Weeks Today:



Honeybee's Fruit Comparison: An avocado



Cool Things Happening: Honeybee is growing fast…at about 4.5 inches this week and about 3 ounces. Its eyes can move rapidly, although they can’t open quite yet. I am totally on count down till the day we find out if we are having a boy or a girl…3 ½ weeks to go!

Mood: Pretty good, although I’m a bit of an emotional roller coaster…just ask Mr. Honey!
Energy Level: Medium this week. I’m EXHAUSTED in the mornings, but I think it could be due to the fact that I wake up all the time in the middle of the night to pee!
Comfort Level: High – I’m learning how to sleep (which is not on my back and obv with a pillow between my legs.
Appetite/Cravings: I’m eating all the time. Funny that I am writing this tonight, after I made Mr. Honey take me out to eat chocolate cake for dinner! But there are no certain foods that I crave all the time. I mean, yeah, I love my pickles, and have at least 1 every day, but other than that, it’s more so, if I get something in my head that I want, I HAVE to have it.
Nausea or Vomiting: NONE!!!! For weeks now! 11 ½ weeks hit, and I was WAY over that. J
This Week…my clothes are DONE fitting me

So, we went to the doctor a couple weeks ago now, but I have clearly not been updating this thing, so here we go…3 weeks late.

Pre-Natal Visit #3 Stats
First time we heard the heartbeat. Unfortunately, the nurse didn’t make it such a joyous event, acting as if we were “just a job” for her. But we tried to make the most of it; and seeing Honey’s face light up was a great feeling for me. (He totally realized it was the heartbeat before I did).
Weight Gain to Date – 3 lbs
Honey Bee’s Size – 13.5 weeks, right on track
Honey Bee’s Heart Rate – 150 – must have been sleeping this time

Looking back in time

14 Weeks


13 Weeks


12 Weeks

1 comment:

  1. You're so precious!!! You look fantastic! And your little bump is so cute! So looking forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete